Log in

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Larentius's Skills
Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:27 pm by Rashir

» Help!
Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:28 pm by Padexin

» Research into the Sigils
Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:47 pm by Damien

» Damien Fox, Keeper of the Ballance
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:07 pm by Damien

» Laurentius Pyrrhicus
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:03 pm by Damien

» Do we have to be human?
Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:59 pm by Damien

» Pax's Skills (Revised)
Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:02 pm by Padexin

» Acgrim's Skills
Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:54 am by Acgrim

» Acgrim's Weapons
Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:27 am by Acgrim

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 15 on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:55 am

Help!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Pax was wandering around his small town, looking for resources to help build up his town. Suddenly, an oddly-shaped creature jumps out of some nearby bushes. Oh. It better not be what you think it is. You search your memory. On your travels, you met some people. In return for various favors, they would give you books. You loved books. Anyway, one gave you a very valuable notebook containing diagrams of monsters. This one was a barghest; half wolf, half goblin. They're not too difficult to defeat on your own, but they-
Two more jumped out of some other bushes. You begin to run. You reach a cliff. There is no way out. You are cornered. You desperately yell "HELP!" hoping someone will hear you. It doesn't look like anyway is answering your call. You pull out your bow, and prepare to fire.
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:31 pm

The burlap sack is heavy as I return from yet another job as a mercenary. Three bandits wasn't much for what they're going to pay me, but I suppose they must be grateful that I've killed the bandits who robbed them. I even got some of their stuff back. I pull the sack further over my shoulder, readjusting the weight. The sound of clanging metal resounds from the pack.

Just as I am about to resume my travels back to Laolen, I hear a cry for help in the distance. Still holding the tan sack on my shoulder, I take of in a sprint. As I near the source, I see a young boy, back to a cliff with three barghests pushing him closer to the edge. I drop the bag, metal once again clanging as it hits the ground, drawing the attention of the beasts for but a moment.

Charging forward, I draw Cadeyrn. One barghest turns to face me. Slamming the tip of the sword into the earth before it, it backs up cautiously. Taking my chance, I pull the sword back to my side and rush to the small boy, who had already knocked an arrow. The barghests take their previous positions, closing in on the two.
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:39 pm

Just as I begin to lose hope, I see a large person with a humongous sword come up. I give him a grateful look as I began to take on another arrow. One of the barghests turns towards me. I don't know if I can trust this man. He may have saved me, but that doesn't mean that he is a good person; he may have an ulterior motive. I quickly close my eyes. I don't need them anyway. I search his mind; he isn't stressed, at least. Not for any reason other than the battle anyway, for now, I will trust him. I keep my eyes shut. I can shoot better without them anyway. A barghest pounces; I fire quickly. The barghest falls, but it is not quite dead. I quickly send arrows flying towards the one not attacking the intimidating stranger; I would hit it, without a doubt; but no one likes an arrow flying towards them. I finish off the one on the ground.
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:51 pm

The boy's style of fighting is intriguing... I don't know of any who can fight blind, and with a bow, no less. Shrugging off my interest, I set my mind to the task at hand. I dash at the nearest barghest, bringing down my blade with both hands. The sword becomes stuck in the barghest's body, and the third lunges at me, its jaws agape. Almost reflexively, I bring up my left arm. The barghest latches onto the metal, pinning me to the ground.
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:01 pm

((Two dashes like this: -- means I'm thinking))
As you fight, you can feel your acquaintance's curiosity. You hope he casts it away soon; it is taking from his ability to fight. He takes out another baghest.
--Just one more left--
Then it happened. Your giant friend gets tackled by the final baghest. --If I don't do something soon, he's dead--
I grab an arrow. I notch it to the bow. There is no need to close my eyes. I can hear the baghest easily. I hope my friend can forgive me for this. I fire my arrow. It knocks the baghest off. Suddenly, I feel tired. I must have accidentally used my bow's ability slightly. Any more, and it would have been noticeable... I need to keep better control of it. I am exhausted. I have to trust the tall stranger to finish the baghest off. --I must train more with that ability. If I get exhausted every time I use it, it will be more of a hinderance than a help.--
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:13 pm

The barghest is knocked to the side, landing on the ground with a light thud. Shaking off my surprise, I pull the sword free and stab through the wounded beast, pinning it to the ground. After a short moment of concentration, a sharp wave of light expands from the edges of Cadeyrn, splitting the barghest in two as well as leaving a large gash in the earth below it. I fall to my knees, supporting myself by holding onto the hilt of the claymore. I breathe heavily, regaining my strength.
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Damien on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:27 pm

Well that escalated quickly...
I was perched high in a nearby tree, watching as the battle unfolded. Many times during the course of the fight I had wanted to draw my blade, to unshackle my power and rush to their aid. But I couldn't, not without dire need.
The last time I took part in the events of this world a paradox was created that nearly destroyed everything I have fought for. After that the master has made clear that I am not to interrupt the natural course of things, but just letting these two fight off those beasts didn't sit right with me...
I shook my head, returning to the task at hand. Leaping from my perch to the ground, I made my way toward the two, who appeared to be exhausted from the battle.
avatar
Damien
Keeper of the Balance
Keeper of the Balance

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Here

View user profile Http://timedest.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:34 pm

As I try to regain my breath, I see my friend stab the beast. --Finally, it's---
A burst of light comes from his blade. I am blinded temporarily. --Good thing I don't need my eyes...-- I hear him fall onto the ground, breathing heavily. --Looks like I'm not the only one with enchanted weapons. Or secrets, for that matter.-- Suddenly, I feel another presence. I can't probe it; either it has no care in the world, or it is something much more powerful than I. I keep my eyes shut. I cannot sense anything about this being, and it frightens me. My ally in battle is still on the ground. I cannot gt up either. My ability tired me. I hope this being isn't malevolent, or we're dead.
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Looking up, I see a brown-haired man walking toward us. Having regained enough energy to stand, I get up on my feet. He seems all too calm for this situation. Obviously tired and still breathing heavily, I speak, slightly quavering. What is your intent? Short and to the point. As usual, that's all I could manage. Meeting new people has never been my strong suit, but doing so in a situation such as this strained my nerves immensely.
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Damien on Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:58 pm

The mercenary surprised me when he spoke. Most sell-swords of this time were braggarts and brutes, many of which I have had to knock down a few pegs. This one seemed different, reserved. Next I turn my gaze to the boy, who I appear to have frightened. Shaking my head, I let out a sigh.
I wish I could assure them I am not their enemy, but I'm already close to breaking the rules. Still I need to look at those bodies... Barghests aren't native to this area, they usually prefer mountains or caves, and that made me think someone sent them here. I slowly reach for my sword, intending to get a closer look at the dead beasts...
avatar
Damien
Keeper of the Balance
Keeper of the Balance

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Here

View user profile Http://timedest.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:02 pm

I hear my big friend get up. I wish I could just stay on the ground. So tired. Ah well. I stand up. I hear my friend ask him a question. I wasn't listening to him. I am trying to break the barrier of his mind. I can't do it. The man doesn't answer. I am afraid. I look over to the tall... What was he? A knight? A mercenary? I didn't know. But he had saved me. So I go over and stand next to him. The man appears to want to get closer.
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:10 pm

I remain cautious of the man in front of me. I've regained enough strength to hold Cadeyrn once again, and I pull it free from the gash left in the ground, hiding as best I can the great strain I am caused in doing so. The man then draws a blade of his own. With both hands, I hold the claymore out before me, taking a defensive stance. Still feeling the burn in my muscles, I know that if he were to attack, I'd be too sluggish to stand a chance. Instead of taking action, I remain still with a solemn look upon my face. The silence in the situation was nearly maddening.
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Damien on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:21 pm

I see the mercenary struggle to raise his blade, he had felt threatened, which I found understandable. It was so frustrating not being able to explain myself. There was once a time where I had friends in this world outside of the rift.
Damnit, I can't do this anymore, its been years since I talked to a single person, and if these two attack I might be forced to kill them. I look back at the two and pull down my scarf, revealing my face.
You might want to put that thing down, sell-sword. Your just going to hurt yourself at this point. I lowered my blade so I appeared less threatening. At any rate I am not your enemy.

Rashir is going to be furious...
avatar
Damien
Keeper of the Balance
Keeper of the Balance

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Here

View user profile Http://timedest.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:28 pm

My friend raises his blade. I slowly, tiredly begin to reach for an arrow, but something... Something stops me. As the silence grows, I begin doubting my decision to not put an arrow to the string. I can sense my friend tensing; he is about to strike. Then the strange man does something; he speaks. I hope my friend listens to his advice... There is definitely something superhuman about this man. We would definitely lose against him. I begin to feel trapped.
--Uh oh. NOT good. I need to do something before I feel really trapped.-- Finally, I get the courage to speak
"Um... Excuse me, sir, I do not think you mean us harm. It would be best for all of us to lay down our arms." I start by putting Arco on the ground "Uh, by the way, thanks for saving me, Mister...?"
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:40 pm

Still wary, I feel the fire in my limbs has died down, and I can once again move freely. As the stranger speaks, I look to my left arm subconsciously, my mind remembering the touch of flame. I've known pain before. Now, I'll say it again. What is your intent?

The boy behind me speaks, laying down his bow simultaneously. I turn to answer. I am Acgrim Cadeyrn. I turn once again to the man, his blade still drawn.
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Damien on Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:59 pm

I looked to the ground solemnly. I just stood there for a long time silently, remembering the events that happened on that coastline four years ago.
Acgrim Cadeyrn, you do not yet know true pain, and I hope you never do. I say quietly.
I press on, if those beasts were in fact being controlled the evidence wont be there for long, and I didn't want to worry these two with my suspicions unless I was sure...


Last edited by Damien on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Damien
Keeper of the Balance
Keeper of the Balance

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Here

View user profile Http://timedest.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:03 pm

My friend, Acgrim, turns back to the man. I am disappointed. Why wouldn't he listen? I search him for the answer. Acgrim is somewhat mysterious. He is harder to search than others. I find the reason. I momentarily forget myself.
"Acgrim, you're worried about the fire, right?"
--Crap. I don't know if he is my friend or not yet. I need to keep my abilities secret--
Acgrim's feelings are inscrutable. I try to listen to his thoughts, but the man says something, and appears to want to get to the beasts we killed earlier. I get distracted, and turn aside to let him through.
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Keeping my hand on the hilt, I sheath my blade, my nervousness showing. I step to the side. And I was just on the way to get paid when all of this happened... I head over to the burlap sack, now covered with dust, and sling it back over my shoulder. I'm just about ready to be done with this.
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Damien on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:51 pm

I walk past them and head straight for the nearest body. With one swing I shave the hair from the back of the beasts neck. A faded symbol, just barely visible to the human eye had been placed there, a sigil of binding. This was very bad news
Damnit. I was right, they were under a spell.
I lift the beast up and show it to Acgrim and the boy, and then tossed the carcass aside.
Somebody sent these monsters here, likely as scouts...
avatar
Damien
Keeper of the Balance
Keeper of the Balance

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Here

View user profile Http://timedest.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Acgrim turns to leave. I am disappointed; it has been a long while since I had a friend, but I can feel he does not want me to follow him. I will leave him alone. Then, the strange man calls out. I turn around. I see the mark on them; I am frightened. I thought they felt different. There was someone controlling them; someone very, very powerful. I never could have broken this. I almost recognize it; and yet, I don't. I quickly call for Acgrim to come back. I can only hope he listens. This mark... It is evil. It is powerful. This strange man, powerful as he is, will need all the help he can get.
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:05 pm

Surprised at the sigil, I pause for a amoment. And what does this have to do with me? I don't know anything about this. I look at the man incredulously. I saved the boy. That's the most I can do at the moment.
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Damien on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:24 pm

I looked off into the distance, pondering what to say next. The boy was right this was probably more than I can handle alone, and these two have potential for greatness. I paused a moment longer, before finally speaking.

I won't stand in your way if you truly want to leave Acgrim. I was once a mercenary like yourself and I understand your sentiments. There is a darkness here, and sometime from now this will play out. I can not make you act, but can you stand idly by while this force gathers strength?

I sheathed my blade, and turned my back to the two.

I'm going to do research into whats happening, when I'm done I will find you. I suggest you both think very carefully.
I close my eyes and touch a finger to my forehead, a bright cobalt glow surrounds my body and whisks me back to my rift...


(Damien has left the area, he is now located in "Damien's Rift" )


Last edited by Damien on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Damien
Keeper of the Balance
Keeper of the Balance

Posts : 106
Join date : 2010-06-05
Age : 23
Location : Here

View user profile Http://timedest.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:30 pm

--He... He just went invisible? No, I can't sense him... He's really gone.--
I run over and stand next to Acgrim.
"Uh, um, thanks, you know, for saving me from those things... It's... Um, it's been a while, you know. Since I've had someone to travel with. Do you mind if I, um, come with you? If not, that's okay, but, I would like to have someone, you know, to walk with, and talk to, and stuff."

avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Acgrim on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:48 pm

I listen to the boy, thinking about what he's asked. You're welcome. And you might as well. I've kinda kept to myself for the past year, and having someone around might be a nice change of pace. I was headed to Laolen, but I don't think my clients would miss whatever's in this bag. After saying this, I look inside. Nothing but some pots and pans? Oh, and a coinpurse. Now I don't need to be paid. I add what little money was in the purse to my own, leaving the sack and its contents lying on the ground. Is there anywhere in particular you needed to go?
avatar
Acgrim
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 13
Join date : 2013-08-16
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Padexin on Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:51 pm

"Thank you! You won't regret it! I'm very handy in battle. And, um, I don't think so. I have a little house that I was trying to make into a town over the hill there, but we don't have to go there. It's just my house, but I don't have anything in there."
I am very excited. I haven't had a friend in forever. I had lived alone for a good while, but now I have a friend to travel with!
avatar
Padexin
Newcomer
Newcomer

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-08-15
Age : 21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Help!

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum